Similar to passing a baton in a relay race, handing over the relationship with your customers from one part of the sales team to the next is vulnerable to mistakes. How should you handle it?
Account Executives have to build significant trust with a customer to unveil any factors that the Relationship Manager needs to be aware of about the customer.
Ensure Perfect Alignment
The Relationship Manager should perfectly align with the Account Executive's foundations so they know what type of customer they must take care of.
How to Ensure Perfect Alignment:
1) Understand Customer Behavioral Style
Identify a customer's preferred behavior style using the DISC framework.
1. Extroverted and Task-Oriented
1. Extroverted and People-Oriented
3. Steady Relator
1. Introverted and People-Oriented
4. Cautious Compliant
1. Introverted and Task-Oriented
2) Understanding What a Customer’s Job-to-Be-Done (JTBD) Is
- Why are they looking to buy a new tool?
- What is the problem they are facing?
3) Keep Internal Notes About the Customer's JTBD
Internal notes allow the Relationship Manager to understand customers and their goals.