Counterintuitively, product teams work best without a single leader.
Diffusion of Responsibility
- When in groups, people often do nothing because the responsibility is not solely on them.
- Your best chance of getting things done is having one person ultimately responsible for it.
Product teams work best without a single leader
- Leadership is a partnership between PM and EM, and the designer as well
- Either the team succeeds, or no one does
- Product teams can work remarkably well without a distinct leader