Collaboration is easy when companies are small - all decisions can be made quickly. As companies scale this mindset will slow companies down.
Maintaining Creativity while Being Nimble
- Learn to let go and trust your colleagues are competent and will do an excellent job
- To keep company alignment set clear and actionable team values
- Be clear and deliberate about who is involved for which decisions
- Choose the right medium for collaboration. Meetings are expensive and often times not necessary. Use emails or posts to a project management tool to collect feedback.
- Make a decision and move on. Don't include others to sway the decision or delay the inevitable. Disagree but commit to the decision.
- Decide what is worth collaborating on and what is not
- Protect your time and respect others' time