There’s too much going on in our lives right now to just hope that we’ll somehow remember to do everything. Having a reliable productivity system can help you prioritize what is important and take control of the many things happening in your life.
6 simple components of a strong productivity system:
- Take it everywhere
- It should be accessible from as many devices and platforms to easily add tasks.
- Capture everything
- It has to include all the important aspects of both your personal and professional life.
- Break it up into small, actionable tasks
- This will allow you to see progress and better estimate how the time required to complete tasks.
- Organizing tasks by due date or using priority levels can ensure that the most important things get done first.
- Get to to-do list zero daily
- Although there may be tasks left over, use these to plan ahead and reschedule them so you can end the day with zero tasks remaining.
- Get consistent feedback
- Celebrate completion of tasks regularly to stay motivated and make consistent progress into the future.