The most important changes in your product
- As you have achieved product market-fit, more customers with different needs, wants and opinions about your product arise.
- More customers are available to correlate product tweaks with behavior.
- Three major areas of product development change as a company matures: how ideas are generated, how they are executed, and how you iterate on the ideas.
- Create a system for how you make hypotheses, make a list of expected outcomes, the target metrics and how much growth and engagement you want to see.
- For this transition to be smooth, it requires the CEO to cede some control.
- They go from designing the product to designing the organization.
- Creating teams around themes makes it clear who is responsible and accountable for different parts of the product.
Impact of product OPS
How to put product ops on the rails without overdoing it:
- Pick only a couple hard-and-fast rules
- Provide autonomy between guard rails
- Be clear about the role of product ops
- Just start