Not doing something is always faster than doing it. If doing something costs more than it is worth, simply saying "no" will make you more productive.
Why We Say Yes
- We don't want others to see you as rude or unhelpful.
- We don't want to ruin our relationship between family and friends.
The Difference Between Yes and No
- When you say no, you are saying no to only one option.
- When you say yes, you are saying no to every other option.
- No is a decision.
- Yes is a responsibility.
The Role of No
- It can help you become successful.
- Say no to whatever isn't leading you towards your goal.
Upgrading Your No
- Opportunity cost increases as you become more successful.
- Say no to previously good uses of time so you can make space for great uses of time.
How/When to Say No
- If an opportunity is exciting enough to drop what you're doing, then say yes. Otherwise, say no.