Good companies simplify for the user, great companies also do it for the team.
Simple Design and Justifying Complexity
- Fight to minimize the “unnecessary complexity”
- The first step is to be aware of the effect complexity has on the team when making design decisions.
Untangling the Elements
- Defining a clear conceptual model of the product can be a great simplification exercise
- Focus on the core parts: the main concepts, their most important properties, the main relationships between them
- You’ll get a clearer picture of the role of each concept in your product
Designing for Simplicity
- Think about the user first, but don’t forget the impact of complexity on the team