Maintaining and using energy wisely is the most effective way to maximize productivity. Below are tactics used by the most productive people to ensure they are working at maximum levels of productivity.
Types of energy:
- Physical Energy: The foundation of everything you do. It's the type of energy that's most easily influenced but most often neglected
- Emotional Energy: How you're feeling at any given moment. It dictates more than half of your behavior and decision making.
- Mental Energy: The highest order of energy, only achievable when you have the physical and emotional stamina to be observant, perceptive, and focus.
How to increase energy:
- Physical Energy: Sleep is paramount and should not be underestimated. To compensate for lack of sleep take naps. And if those aren’t possible, taking 10 minute breaks every 90 minutes to 2 hours becomes a saving grace.
- Emotional Energy: A big part of changing your emotions is understanding their triggers. If you know your triggers, you can decide whether to respond to them or not.
- Mental energy allows you to have a much fuller view of what’s actually happening within your company and on your team. You hold onto your mental energy by observing yourself inwardly without buying into everything
- Ask yourself “Are these thoughts I’m having even true?”