If you value your culture, it is important to continue working on it and ensure that new employees are clear on the goals.
The most important things to focus on for the onboarding process
- Personalize the process- Make sure that you take a hands on customized approach to every new employee. Also, be careful to not overwhelm them.
- Don’t finish onboarding on the first day- Take your time with this process.
- Guide your new employees for weeks through your culture- Create a well structured process that is thorough.
- Don’t teach and manage somebody who doesn’t feel the culture yet- This process takes time. The new employees will perform better once they have a complete understanding of the culture.
- Invest in your onboarding process for long term gains- Investments made early on will pay dividends in the long run.