Sam Hinkie - founder of Eighty-Seven Capital and former GM/President of the Philadelphia 76ers
- Breadcrumbs. You can make predictions about someone's trajectory by following the path of the breadcrumbs they have left behind.
- From blog posts or YouTube videos to previous job experience, taking the time to get to know where someone invested their time and energy can give you a competitive advantage as you try to predict where they are going.
- The most important thing to understand is the increasing (or decreasing) trajectory of that person’s career and focus.
- "People are really a power law, and the best ones can change everything. Betting on people who have these incredibly high ceilings and a reasonably high likelihood of getting there, I think is much of where the game should be, even more than most."
- Compound trust with a small number of people over a long period of time.
- By focusing on fewer, deeper relationships, you can enrich your life personally and professionally while avoiding transactional people.