PMF: Your product solves a problem, and there is a ready market for your product.
PUF: You’ve built the right product for the right user.
Listen to power users
- Power users are the biggest sign of PUF. Making the leap from PUF to PMF is about listening to these users to evolve your product to attract more users.
- The conventional ways to observe PMF don’t tell us much when it comes to PUF. To understand PUF, understand why your power users are power users, their user behavior, and how to evolve the product to create more power users.
Pay particular attention to
1. User retention
2. Engagement depth that maps to the natural user behavior
3. User testimony
The journey from PUF to PMF:
1. Build something people want.
2. Find out who else wants it.
3. Get your product in their hands as fast as possible.