There are two facets of product leadership that have become increasingly important for delivering a high quality product experience: curation & editorial.
Curation Amplifies Your Product Experience
- Features and changes amplify each other, leading to a better customer experience.
Every Creator Needs an Editor
- Editors provide a “second-pair of eyes” not affected by the sunk cost and confirmation bias inherent in any creative process
- Editors are talented at finding errors that will be perceived by the target audience
- If product leadership doesn’t engage in the editorial process, the quality of the product suffers
Product Leaders as Curators & Editors
- Organizations with a distributed culture and high quality products also have a culture of curation & editorial in their product process