DocSend has established itself as a serious contender in the corporate application market, boasting more than $18B raised using their platform to share financial documentation.
These are some important details they had in their seed round deck that helped them raise $1.7M in 2013.
- Should include logo and brand name, tagline and some icons that explain the value proposition of the company and purpose of the deck
- Shows the different members of the team, their position and a short bio
- Compare yourself to existing services to introduce your offering and to anchor it to a certain image of quality. However, this could be seen as lacking character.
- Refine them until they not only convey your offering clearly but also do it with style.
- Action verbs should be strong, sentences catchy.
Market Size and the larger opportunity
- Outline your exact plan precisely.
- Investors love when your story is coherent and your strategy in line with your economics.
- Outline exactly what your product is and how it works.
- Outline people, company names and logos, highlighting how many employees they have, how many sales reps etc.
A pitch deck should demonstrate a clearly defined strategic plan, a growing target market, and reasonable unit economics.