Trying to figure out which team in your company needs a researcher the most can be a daunting decision. Letting product maturity guide this decision and focusing on the needs of each team can help you get the most out of research, and achieve greater impact on products.
Research is a continuous process
- It’s essential to choose a research approach that complements the maturity of your product.
- Choose the most appropriate working approach, based on how mature the product is
A lean research approach
- Lean research is about evaluating ideas in a quick, methodical way
- This enables researchers to shape how a brand new product will work, and requires the researcher to be embedded with the team
An iterative research approach
- Repeatedly prototyping and testing with increasingly realized versions of a product
- This enables the researcher to shape how an established product looks and feels, without needing to be fully embedded in the team.