Lazy Leadership is about taking a step back, leaning on your team, and becoming an observer instead of an active participant in your business.
The Lazy Way
- Entrepreneurship is a continuous process of removing yourself from the equation step-by-step and empowering your team to do the things that they do best.
- Trusting your team with more and more responsibility delivers far better work than centralizing everything at the top.
- Delegation empowers a great group of people to do the best work of their careers while you focus on building the machine.
The Delegation Barrier
- If you went on vacation means your business would fall apart, you've made yourself more important than you need to be.
Building Your Machine
- An exceptional leader builds a company that functions without them.
- Determine the result that you want for your business.
- Design a machine that will produce the result.
- Then, figure out what sort of people you need as part of it.
Where to Focus Your Time
- Reinforcing culture.
- Building process.
- Tracking your results.
Take a Step Back
- Lazy Leadership is about spending time on what matters and what you’re good at, and leaving everything else to your team.
- Design a machine, target a result, plug in the right people, and tweak it until you get the result you want.