Find product-market fit by collecting data and falsifying your product's underlying assumptions.
- If you can easily reach 100+ active users, consider a survey.
- Measure user affection for your product, then measure relative utility.
- If you can't easily reach 100+ active users, talk to 6-12 of them.
- Be especially attuned to recognition of mention of superior value relative to competitors or alternatives.
- Do not ask: NPS or "How likely are you to recommend this product to a friend?"
- Do not ask: "What do you want?" and blindly build it.
Collect data and try to falsify your product's underlying assumptions
Are people experiencing the problem your product sets out to solve in the first place?