Over the past few years less entrepreneurs are pitching with a slide deck.
However, investors are evaluating how founders convey a story and a deck illustrates that skill.
Founders can have success without a deck, but this isn’t always optimal.
6 reasons why good presentation decks are impactful:
Importance of narrative
A slide deck transports the listener to the conclusion to invest
Controlling the cadence
- Slide decks help organize arguments and keep them succinct
- Helps use time wisely
- Conveying statistics is much easier in a presentation
- Best entrepreneurs are focused on numbers
Storytelling never ends
- There is always a need to attract investors and customers and practicing storytelling is key
- Better storytellers are often better entrepreneurs
The process itself is useful
- Creating a presentation is a forum to make sure everyone is one the same page
- A structured presentation helps organize key parts of the business
Be like Steve
- The top entrepreneurs like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos all had some sort of presentation
It makes sense to go without a presentation in a get-to-know you situation with an investor
Great storytellers have a competitive advantage