Roadmaps are strategic documents and alignment tools that help navigate the company to product-market fit or growth.
The Components of a Good Roadmap:
- Goal: Provide business context, and prioritize your goals before you prioritize your features.
- Reasoning: Elaborate and explain why these are the right goals.
- Route: Outline a set of large milestones with clear logic between them.
- ETA: Estimate a timeline to help you assess your route.
- Risks and Mitigation: Play devil’s advocate and add checkups that will help you assess the risk.