Product improvement is the process of making product changes that improves either product engagement or retention.
To identify product improvement opportunities:
- Map feature usage to your user's product journey.
- Have a clear representation of what features your users use and when, where your users drop off, and how users flow within your app.
- Measure the feature success throughout the journey.
- Identify how each feature is being used, why it’s being used, and if the feature was successful in achieving its goal.
- Find the correlation between feature usages and business goals.
- Use the Phi coefficient to identify the relationship between the number of times a feature is used and your goal.
- Identify what product improvement to work on.
- Make adoption or frequency improvements based on the relationship between a feature and the goal, the number of people who adopted the feature, and how frequently they used the feature.