Eisenhower’s famous productivity strategy is known as the Eisenhower Box (or Eisenhower Matrix) and it’s a simple decision-making tool that you can use right now.
The Eisenhower Box: How to be More Productive
- Separate your actions based on four possibilities
- Urgent and important
- Important, but not urgent
- Urgent, but not important
- Neither urgent nor important
The Difference Between Urgent and Important
- Urgent tasks are things that you feel like you need to react to
- Important tasks are things that contribute to your long-term missions or goals
Elimination Before Optimization
- Force yourself to make hard decisions and delete any task that does not lead you toward your mission
Does this Help Me Accomplish My Goal?
- It can be hard to eliminate time wasting activities if you aren’t sure what you are working toward
- Ask yourself these two questions:
- What am I working toward?
- What are the core values that drive my life?