Great designers have superpowers.
Ways that you can prove your worth to executives and get them to lean on you are to excel at:
- Facilitating discussions.
- Bringing people to decisions faster
- Helping them visualize what a room is thinking
Adaptability is key.
- As a team lead, you must be prepared to provide guidance and direction to the team.
- What gets you from A to B is not necessarily what’s going to get you from B to C.
- What works for one company will not always work for another.
Seats at the table are earned, not given.
- Ask yourself how you can use design to help drive the bottom line and build a better company.
- This is what shows you're a real leader, rather than just a design leader.
Pay it forward.
- If you’re successful, it’s because someone has helped you get there.
- Support is how the industry grows.