A must-have product is more profitable than a nice-to-have product; tap into what your customer really needs
Types of “fits”
- ‘Customer State fit’: make sure you understand your target group, their limitations, their available solutions
- ‘Problem-Behavior fit’: after identifying most urgent problems, understand reasons for them; is this a problem worth solving?
- ‘Communication-Channel fit’: understand what messaging will reach your customer
- Make a list of problems and guide customer through an elimination game to end up with the most important ones
- What does the customer do about the problem currently?
- Which solutions have been tried?
- What are they paying for, and would they be willing to pay for something better?
- State your vision of the solution
- Identify price range for solution
After asking these questions:
- Spot patterns in the problems experienced