A liberal arts education can be more valuable than just a coding degree for a product manager; you need both technical skills and communication skills. A liberal arts degree can provide: analysis, communication, writing, and research skills.
To become a (good) PM
- Be curious and versatile
- Phase 1: Gather user data on yourself - know why you want to become a PM
- Phase 2: Identify the product and sector; make sure you are passionate about both
- Phase 3: Determine the strengths and weaknesses of your personality
- Phase 4: Improve yourself; acquire some familiarity with coding languages in order to be taken seriously
- Phase 5: Get the job and ship your product
- Cater your pitch and vision to your target company.