Durable decisions are decisions that don’t change if the inputs haven’t changed.
- Start by defining and outlining the goals of the project
- Document only major assumptions
- Write out all options and the rationale behind choosing them
- Explicitly state who makes the decisions
- Everyone involved should be part of the decision making to reduce chances of follow-up debate
- Write these decisions down
Make The Decision
- Once you have all inputs, assumptions and options, make the final decision
- Communicate the decision quickly, clearly and as widely as possible
- Repeat information so everyone is one the same page
Decisions cannot be overturned if nothing has changed. If circumstances change, revisit the decision.