Talking to users and potential customers is a great way to focus on PMF. What type of conversations reveals growth opportunities?
- Customers that challenge your knowledge of your product's use cases.
- If your company is tech-focused, talk to a customer whose market is outside the tech world.
Conversations that Question Your Limitations
- Customers ask "What are your product's limitations?"
- Be clear about the limitations
- These conversations eventually lead you to a point where you are unsure what your product's limits are.
- Gives you an area you should research more on
Conversations Where Customers Teach You About Your Product
E.g. When Intercom released its APIs, Unbounce (its customer) built a Zendesk widget that extended Intercom's functionality. This taught Intercom more about how their product could be used.