Q&A with Anne-Laure Le Cunff on effective strategies used by Maker Mind newsletter to grow. Consistency can lead to phenomenal results and one should focus on producing content of high quality for readers.
How to differentiate yourself
- Be consistent and add value to your readers
- Adopt a friendly tone
- Encourage feedback from readers
Mistakes to avoid
- Trying not to make mistakes - these are the best ways to grow
- Being inconsistent - you need to find your voice and define your value
How to get traffic & grow
- Sharing your editions on social media e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Ad hoc communities where your audience resides
- Telling your friends and networks about it & encouraging them to share
- Organizing events with guest speakers & giving access to email subscribers
Helpful tips on growing
- Focus on providing value so people don’t find your content annoying. Growing becomes easier when readers begin sharing your content.
- Challenge yourself - spend some time writing everyday
- Consistently deliver value to readers
- Create a platform where readers can choose their own adventure and decide what they want to read
Content to include in the newsletter
- Short introduction
- Links to new articles
- Interesting findings online
Launching a community
- Who is the community?
- What value would they get from joining?
- This will help you decide when to paywall and launch a community
- Intellectual stimulation from conversations
- Coffee chats with creators
- Being featured in podcasts and giving presentations
- Early access to products
Be consistent in writing and sending your newsletter but also take breaks to recharge your batteries.