Lenny’s October 22, 2019 Newsletter:
Hiten Shah, the CEO and Cofounder of Nira, discusses remote working.
Building relationships with remote workers:
“Remote work often leasts to an increase in miscommunication” due to timing gaps and the inability to collaborate in the same space.
How to avoid these miscommunications:
- Document everything that is discussed in meetings.
- Leverage screensharing, an effective tool which enables you do discuss a tool or product and collaborate on its design in real time.
- Postmortem every big project to understand which aspects were successful and what could be improved.
How to build trust with users to enable growth:
- Social proof: Show potential users that other people are already using the product.
- Authority: Figure out how to demonstrate any certifications, awards, or endorsements to users.
- Guarantees: Offer some sort of downside protection in case of a poor experience.
- Reputation: Reviews from users are an often sought and generally reliable metric.
- Great UX: Be detail oriented with your site or app. Don’t skimp here.
- Deliver: Consistently provide a positive experience for users.
What this means in terms of your user funnel:
- Top of Funnel: Referrals should be a tool used to engender growth.
- Mid-funnel: Focus on crafting effective landing pages that highlight the trustworthiness of your product and prompt users to stay on the site.
- End-of-funnel: Find a way to remind users of the effectiveness of your product.
How to become a better Product Manager:
- Focus on building useful skills that you have been unable to gain on the job.
- Pick a few articles or books about these skills and commit to reading them.
- Read other interesting media even if it has little to do with your goals.
- Write and reflect on your previous experiences.
- Invest in classes to build product management skills.