Stress is detrimental for your health, but is manageable.
- Mental: difficulty concentrating, feeling overwhelmed, being forgetful
- Behavioral: being irritable, eating/sleeping too much/little, drinking/smoking more
- Physical: headaches, dizziness, chest pain, faster heartbeat, sexual problems
- Maximize eustress (good stress) while avoiding other types
- Action: directly address cause of stress (e.g. write down priorities, say no)
- Emotion: change the way you feel instead of situation (e.g. meditation, exercise)
- Acceptance: situations outside your control (e.g. support group, journaling)