A strong product leader can help a cross-functional team of great technologies and designers work efficiently. They make things happen.
The three responsibilities of a product manager are:
- What game are we playing and how do we keep scores?
- It is important to clearly describe the game being played and the metrics used to analyze success
- The results: aligned effort, better motivation, innovative ideas, and products that move the needle.
- Involves ensuring that their initial work on their strategy and metrics is carried through to the phasing of projects
- Phasing is crucial
- Determining which ideas should be executed first
- Product specification
- Clarity on what you’re building
- Edge case decisions
- Triaging decisions on complicated cases
- Project management
- Staying ahead of the game to avoid issues