Landing a PM job is hard. However, if you’re already in the tech industry, you likely have a strong set of skills that make you a great candidate. Getting that coveted offer comes down to one question: How can you demonstrate to employers that you have what it takes, especially without prior experience?
5 tips on transitioning into Product Management
- Make sure you understand Product Manager responsibilities, and what your transferable skills are
- Try to get PM responsibilities as part of your current role!
- Network, network, network
- Apply to internal PM openings
- Do more than just apply – reach out to the hiring manager directly
Bonus Tip: Remember you’re an asset to your company
- It’s beneficial to your company that they train and ultimately retain you