Elon Musk is a prolific innovator and leader, but many of the traits that make him successful can be applied to the role of a Product Manager to have improved results.
5 Skills Product Managers Can Learn From Elon Musk
- Never stop learning
- This creates a wide base of knowledge to draw when approaching new tasks.
- Invest in inter-disciplinary skills
- Product Management is inter-disciplinary, and more skills leads to an ability to go deep in more areas.
- Have a compelling vision
- This inspires your team and gives the work meaning.
- Always sell that vision
- Get everyone you work with to buy into the goals that need to be accomplished.
- Be design oriented
- Design skill produces for innovative solutions.