Bridging the gap from SDR to AE, and proving you’re ready, isn’t always straightforward.
Differences between SDRs and AEs
- SDRs acquire and qualify leads
- AEs take that initial interest from a prospect and turn it into a closed deal.
- AEs build rapport with decision makers, handle objections, negotiate contracts and more.
3 tips for moving from SDR to AE
- Pursue every opportunity to run a deal. Gain practical experience and prove you're ready.
- Make it known that you want to take the next step. Your manager can help you reach your goal.
- Shadow AEs as much as you can.